Dream jobs! Everyone has them. As I watch as friends go back to school, get new jobs and work towards what they want, I think about what I want. I did have a dream job when I was younger, “Mommy.” I became one in 2004 and was able to fulfill my dream of being a stay at home mom. Somehow it worked out all these years to be able to stay home with my kids while they were young. I am very thankful for that.
But now it is time to work on my career and what I am going to do “when I grow up” and really? I want to be a full-time blogger. I want to be able to make all my money from my blog. Why though? Why do I want this so badly?
1) I love to write. If I had to give up blogging for something else, I wouldn’t be able to blog as much. I wouldn’t be able to write out my thoughts or hear what others think about things. There wouldn’t be time for it. I want to write, I want to do it full-time and I want to get paid for it.
2) Because working from home is my ideal. It makes the most sense for our family right now. The lifestyle is what we want. It isn’t common but it works for us.
3) Because you get to “meet” people from the comfort of your own home. It’s nice. I can get online and meet someone new, just because of blogging. There are a lot of blogging communities out there and it is great to be able to meet people in that way. To be a part of something. To be able to support people that are doing what you are.
4) Because the money is good. I say this as someone who is not quite at her goals yet but I do believe the money that can be made by blogging is really really good. And I am not just talking about the people who make 10K+ a month. As your blog grows, you make more money. As your blog grows, you get new opportunities. It really can beat the $12-14 an hour you can find at most office jobs. As least that is what they seem to pay around here. I could just be a dreamer but if you can make blogging work, the sky is the limit as far as income goes.
5) Because it is hard to do. Blogging full-time is hard and earning a full-time income is even harder. You always have to work at it. You always have to be thinking about your blog. How you are going to make it better. How it is going to grow and all of that. It can be a stressful job but it is worth it.
Not everyone can be a blogger. Not everyone is cut out for it. Not everyone can make it work with everything else in their lives. But that is my goal, and the closer I get to it, the more I see how possible it is to be a full-time blogger making money online.