If you are a Mom, most likely you have been invited to at least one direct sales party in your life. Some of the most popular around where are live are Scentsy, Tupperware, 31 Bags and Perfectly Posh. There seems to be a company for every type of product. I was just invited to one that sells Essential Oils!
If you have been to a party, you know that there is a kit you can buy with each company to because a consultant. The amount of product you might receive is different and the amount you have to pay varies. For example to sign up with Scentsy you would pay $99 (plus tax and shipping.)
You may have wondered if selling for a direct sales company is the right choice for you. You may have debated with yourself about it. You might have wondered if you can truly make money with a company like that.
Here are five reasons to sign up with a direct sales company:
- You love the product! Simple right? Don’t even think of signing up for a company where you don’t love the product. That is key. People want to know that you love the product as much as they do. Plus, if you are regularly using the product yourself, you can have a first hand knowledge if anyone has any questions about it.
- It’s fun! Parties are fun. Trips are fun. Seeing your customers get excited about the product is always a lot of fun. It isn’t that you don’t take your business seriously, you should. It is that you can make money and have fun at the same time. Which is a great thing.
- You can make money doing it. Whether you just make enough to afford soccer for your kids each season or make enough to quit your full-time job, there is money to be made in direct sales. You do have to be careful when you first start out. It can be tempting to want to buy a ton of product for yourself, especially when a new catalog comes out. You also can’t forget about paying taxes on the income you make. Check with a tax adviser for more information on what you have to claim and what you can deduct for your taxes.
- You get to be apart of something. I went to the Scentsy Family Reunion back in July and I realized how much I just loved being apart of a business like that. There is so much you can gain from belong to a business like that. It truly is amazing.
- You get to push yourself out of your comfort zone. It can be hard to sell products. To talk to other people about them. To find customers and do what you need to do to earn money. But it is not a bad thing to have to leave your comfort zone once in a while. It can be very empowering.
I hope this list can help you make up your mind if you are on the fence about joining a direct sales company.
If you happen to be interested in Scentsy, feel free to contact me about it