During the holidays I took it pretty slow. I wasn’t blogging too regularly. I wasn’t spending as much quality time on Twitter and I let my Buffer go silent. Since the first part of January I have been back at it. I am committing myself to blog three times a week and be an active part of social media.
So what should I do each day to increase my traffic? Where should spend my time?
This is my plan for every day, at least every weekday.
1) Make sure my Buffer app is filled at least through the next day. This way I know that even if I get tied up, I will have stuff scheduled for the next 24+ hours. Ideally I would like to have it scheduled a week in advance but that is not always possible.
2) Visit Google+, check out communities, post a few things and comment on a few posts. I am starting to get more into Google+, especially the communities. I have started two so far and am tempted to start a few more. Since it is brand new there is room for new people to get going with their own Community.
3) Visit Facebook. Ideally I would like to be on Facebook, as my pages, for a few minutes each day. Since I schedule everything with Buffer, I can also take this time to go and respond to people who have posted on my page. I think being active on Facebook is a good thing for right now and I need to take the time to do it.
4) Visit Twitter. I use Tweetdeck and seem to visit it a lot during the day. I need to make sure I am taking the time to view other tweets and responding. I also need to check my DMs to see if there is anything important there. Sadly I get a lot of spam but every once in a while I get a message from a real person who wants to talk with me. Scheduling your tweets is a great idea but I also want to be live on Twitter, interacting with others.
5) Write back to comments. I admit, sometimes this takes me forever to do. But it is a good practice to write back to comments every day. It also allows me to find new blogs to follow as I always click on the link that was left by the person writing the comment. As long as it is a real site and not a spam site.
6) Yahoo Answers- This shouldn’t take very long. Just answer a few questions each day to increase my presence on the Internet.
7) Visit other blogs. Like I said the other day, I like to try to visit at least 10-20 blogs a day. I do it throughout the day, whenever I have time.
8) Pinterest- I like to pin things everyday. Posts I see on other blogs, my own posts and other fun stuff I love and want to repin. I try not to spend too much time there because Pinterest can suck you in but I do enjoy seeing what others have pinned and repin what I want to add to my own boards.
Each and everyday I should be working towards my goals. Each and everyday I can be doing little things to help drive traffic to my site. Even if I just have a few minutes to get some work done, I can accomplish something worthwhile.